Policy Academy to Drive Thriving Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing – National Governors Association
The NGA Center for Best Practices Children and Families team is excited to release a request for applications (RFA) for their Policy Academy to Drive Thriving Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing. Built off the success of the 2022-2023 Chair’s Initiative on Strengthening Youth Mental Health and the youth mental health Playbook for Governors, this year-long policy academy will support Governors’ offices in developing or advancing their holistic agenda to protect and support strong youth mental health and emotional wellbeing across all state agencies, including strategies across prevention, awareness, treatment, and community and youth engagement.
All applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on Friday, January 19th , 2024. NGA will be hosting two informational calls for interested states to learn more about the goal, activities, expectations, and timelines for the project:
The purpose of this policy academy is to support Governors’ offices in developing and advancing a holistic agenda to protect and support strong youth mental health and emotional wellbeing across all state agencies, including strategies across prevention, awareness, treatment, and community and youth engagement.
Through the Policy Academy, up to six competitively selected states will:
- (1) participate in a kick-off meeting and wrap-up meetings,
- (2) attend monthly virtual learning and peer-sharing opportunities and participate in monthly 1:1 check-ins with the NGA team,
- (3) develop a strategic action plan to implement new strategies or strengthen existing strategies,
- (4) receive ongoing technical assistance from NGA Center staff and partners in support of project goals,
- (5) identify and nominate a youth to participate in the Policy Academy’s Youth Advisory Council and serve as the voice of lived experience on the state team,
- (6) begin the work of enacting the plan,
- (7) submit a brief final report on progress to the National Governors Association in tandem with a presentation at the wrap-up meeting.
Disasters Expo USA, is proud to be supported by Inergency for their next upcoming edition on March 6th & 7th 2024!
The leading event mitigating the world’s most costly disasters is returning to the Miami Beach
And in case you missed it, here is our ultimate road trip playlist is the perfect mix of podcasts, and hidden gems that will keep you energized for the entire journey-