- 1. Hindalco Industries Limited, MAHAN
REDUCTION IN CARBON FOOT PRINT AT HINDALCO , MAHAN
Team Leader : Mr. Aadarsh
Team member : Mr. Bijay Kumar, Mr. Abhishek Kumar, Mr. Krishna
Pandey, Mr. Ved Prakash
- 2. Hindalco Industries Limited, MAHAN
• To replace the fossil fuel operated vehicle with Solar cum battery operated vehicle for passenger and material
• Reduction in Aux power consumption through Renewable energy ( Solar pump , Solar Power etc)
• ESG compliance
• Clean & Green Mahan
• Innovation & Digitalization
• Generating Green energy through Energy Storage system of ~ 1 GW for reliable smelter operation
• Waste to wealth
Zero Carbon foot print at Mahan
- 3. Hindalco Industries Limited, MAHAN
Phase 1 : Successful development of Solar operated vehicle
Mahan has total area of approx. 1300 hectare, in which CPP and smelter acquired approx. 660 hectare and thus the men
and material movement are happening in CPP and Smelter premises with a distance range from few metres to Kilometres
leading to usage of vehicles either by employees , workmen or by contract manpower and thus adding not only to the
cost to the company but also generating GHG emission
“ Zero GHG emission for men and material movement with in plant premises”
- 4. Hindalco Industries Limited, MAHAN
1. Team CPP mechanical has made the solar operated vehicle from the scrap available at site under “waste to wealth scheme “
with mere investment in Solar panel only.
This is the prototype been made to built up the confidence of team and to have a sustainable development towards reduction
in carbon foot print at Hindalco, Mahan. Upon the successful completion of this vehicle , team will made the “solar operated
vehicle for passenger movement and material movement for plant and township team “
The Vehicle was inaugurated on 26th Jan’22 by Mr. Ratan Somani, Unit head, under the presence of Mr. CS Singh , Head CPP,
Mr. Biswanath Mukherjee , Head HR, Mr. Senthil Nath , Head Smelter , Mr. Sushant Nayak , Head Finance , Mr Samson Bag ,
Head Mechanical CPP, HODS – Mahan and family member of Mahanites.
Few of the glimpses are attached for reference.
2. As part of water conservation initiative , Team CPP mechanical has installed Solar Pump in ETP area utilising the waste
water from adjacent Nallah,while doing so power has been used from solar based energy.
Disasters Expo USA, is proud to be supported by Inergency for their next upcoming edition on March 6th & 7th 2024!
The leading event mitigating the world’s most costly disasters is returning to the Miami Beach
And in case you missed it, here is our ultimate road trip playlist is the perfect mix of podcasts, and hidden gems that will keep you energized for the entire journey-