Stay warm with these great winter hats
When the winter chill sets in, bundling up is the only way to stay warm outdoors. The right winter coat is essential, but most people need other accessories to really keep the cold at bay. A cozy hat that traps your body heat definitely tops the list.
If you want to stay as warm as possible this winter, an insulating hat can keep you comfortable no matter how cold it gets.
What to look for in a winter hat
Before shopping for a winter hat, it helps to know what to look for to ensure it keeps you as warm as possible.
Some key details to consider in your winter hat include:
- Material: The best winter hats are made of insulating materials that can help trap your body heat. Wool is popular, but fleece, sherpa and faux fur are also excellent for a winter hat. Some hats combine multiple materials for added warmth. For example, you might find a faux fur hat with a fleece lining.
- Style: Beanies are the most common type of winter hat because they have a close-fitting design that keeps out the cold. You can also find trapper-style hats that are ideal if you spend long periods outdoors in winter. A beret is an excellent choice if you prefer a more stylish look.
- Ear covering: A winter hat should cover your head to trap your body heat, but it should also provide protection for your ears. You can pull several hats down to cover your ears, but others have ear flaps to keep your ears warm and block the wind.
Best winter hats for under $15
This classic beanie is made with premium acrylic yarn that can keep you warm all winter without any itching. You can wear it in the traditional beanie style or fold the bottom over like a watch cap. The one-size-fits-all design is ideal for men and women and comes in six colors.
Made of high-quality knitting yarn, this beanie has a loose fit that lets you easily pull it down over your ears. Its satin lining reduces static when you take it on and off and a comfortable interior elastic band keeps it in place. You can choose from 22 colors.
This stretchy beanie features a stylish cable-knit design made of acrylic yarn and a plush sherpa lining to provide extra insulation in cold weather. It comes in one size that fits most people and covers the ears to protect against the wind. Best of all, it’s available in over 100 color combinations that can fit any wardrobe.
Best winter hats for $15-$30
For hiking, hunting, fishing and other outdoor activities, this trapper-style hat can keep you warm in even the coldest weather. It has a water-repellent nylon shell for inclement weather and a plush lining that offers excellent insulation. The ear flaps block the wind.
This cozy winter hat is made of soft acrylic yarn and has a fleece lining for added warmth. It stretches easily, though, so it fits most heads comfortably. Its removable faux fur pompom and casual, slouchy design give it a stylish look.
If you want to retain as much body heat as possible this winter, this trapper hat provides plenty of warmth. Its thick fleece lining can handle temperatures below 32 degrees and its durable polyester outer shell holds up well in snow. The chin strap also keeps it in place and prevents the cold from getting in.
This classic winter hat features a knitted construction made of a durable acrylic and nylon blend that doesn’t feel itchy or scratchy. Its comfortable one-size-fits-all design helps trap body heat and covers the ears. You can choose from three neutral colors.
Best winter hats for $30 and up
This fun beanie offers a deep fit, so it’s roomier and provides more coverage than similar hats. It’s made of recycled polyester in a chic cable-knit design. The oversized faux fur pom helps you stand out in cold weather, and it comes in four colors, including soft lilac.
This rib-knit hat is made of an extra-fine merino wool blend that feels soft and effectively traps heat. It has a foldover cuff, a seamed crown and the classic Polo logo at the side. You can choose from 12 colors.
This fleece-lined beanie can keep you warm even in the chilliest winter weather. It has a foldover brim and a faux fur pompom for a stylish look. It’s made of an acrylic blend yarn that’s machine-washable for easy cleaning.
Worth checking out
- The North Face Adult Jim Beanie has a soft fleece ear band to keep out the wind and cold while hiking or enjoying other outdoor activities.
- You can look cute and stay warm with this Brook and Bay Slouchy Beanie that comes in 10 colors, including bright yellow.
- The Muk Luks Ribbed Beanie offers a snug fit that keeps the warmth in and the cold out. It has a super-soft lining for comfortable all-day wear.
- This TrailHeads Fleece Ponytail Hat is perfect for running or hiking in winter and has a fleece lining that covers the ears.
- This classic Nike Cuffed Beanie can keep you warm in cold weather, but it also boasts moisture-wicking material that will keep you dry when you’re active outdoors.
- This Fulllight Tech Bluetooth Beanie lets you listen to music wirelessly and take hands-free calls when out in the cold. Its battery can run for up to 23 hours.
- This Titleist Standard Pompom Hat has a microfleece performance lining to keep you warm and comfortable.
Prices listed reflect time and date of publication and are subject to change.
BestReviews spends thousands of hours researching, analyzing and testing products to recommend the best picks for most consumers. BestReviews and its newspaper partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, Limited Liability Corporation
Disasters Expo USA, is proud to be supported by Inergency for their next upcoming edition on March 6th & 7th 2024!
The leading event mitigating the world’s most costly disasters is returning to the Miami Beach
And in case you missed it, here is our ultimate road trip playlist is the perfect mix of podcasts, and hidden gems that will keep you energized for the entire journey-